Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I did, I did, I do

I ran across this rather interesting opinion piece from a religion editor. He makes some good points. Why all the fuss over Guiliani's divorces if Newt's are just fine and if no one batted an eye at the Gipper's? And what exactly about being a war hero exempts one from having to live morally in the rest of one's life? The article quotes the Southern Baptist Convention's Richard Land as saying, of John McCain, "When you’re a war hero, you have less to prove on the character front." That's a pretty atrocious statement. I like a man in uniform as much, or more, than the next girl, but a real hero is composed of more than guts and glory.

And for the record, I'd like to say that I have never been married to any of the current Republican presidential candidates. Wow, eight wives between just three of them? And we're worried about the possibility of a Morman president?

No comments: