Friday, December 28, 2007

Dogg is no dog

The three children of rapper Snoop Dogg and his wife Shante can thank their dad for staying out of divorce court:

Rapper Snoop Dogg decided against divorcing his wife because he could not bear the thought of another man raising his children.

The hip-hop star - real name Cordozar Calvin Broadus - filed for divorce from wife Shante in 2004 after seven years together.But the star quickly changed his mind after realising he had too much to lose.

"I was going to split up with my wife - my wife wasn't going to split up with me," he said.

"You know, I was caught up with Hollywood, and the girls and the night life. I thought I was the man and I was willing to give up what I had at home for that, until I realized that what I had at home was irreplaceable, so I gave that up to go back home.

"I just don't want another man raising my kids. That was the main goal. I had kids with my wife because I wanted to be with my wife. And those three babies are all wanted, and I wanted to be with them."

2 comments:

B. James Stinson said...

Now, Mr. Broadus, you really are the man!

B. James Stinson said...

I wonder, too, if Mr. Broadus came to this insight spontaneously, or if there was a counselor or therapist involved. In the past, I've heard him give credit to his probation officer for helping to straighten out his life. It appears that he's teachable, and doesn't reflexively reject his elders' counsel.

http://therapeuticfamilylaw.blogspot.com