Monday, November 27, 2006

Falcons National Champs

Indulge me a little... Congratulations to my alma mater, Messiah College, on being men's Division III soccer champs for the third year in a row and the fifth time in the last seven years. And congrats, as well, to the Falcon women who finished the season in the #2 spot. And as a special treat for indulging me, here's a picture of me in the Falcon mascot costume.
This was the summer of '89 and I was working on campus. My summer roommate and I had seen the mascot and pom-poms in the equipment room earlier and knew we had to go back with a camera. We snuck into the equipment room, I donned the mascot costume quick as a flash and posed for a picture. We grabbed basketballs and strolled nonchalantly back out to the gym, leaving the gym monitor none the wiser. Little lesson, kids: Act bold and innocent and you can get away with a lot. Shh, don't tell!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.